Draydel

Deep thoughts, random insights, and musings by Susan Jacobs

Monday, June 20, 2005

Batman Begins

Yesterday I went to see summer's latest blockbuster and I walked out smiling. As someone in the row behind me said, "Now that's a way to restart a franchise!" (Without revealing any movie secrets, the film is indeed a prequel and takes us back to the start of the first Batman movie with Michael Keaton.)

Sure, some of the dialogue was corny, but it wouldn't be a Batman movie if he didn't at least once say, "I'm Batman" in response to the question "Who are you?"

To be sure, this film is much darker than the other Batman films and explores the inner struggles that inspired wealthy Bruce Wayne to dress like a bat and start fighting crime. (Boy, does he have issues.) Still, there are plenty of light moments, and plenty of times that leave you cheering (at least mentally), "Go get 'em Batman!"

I liked it so much, I might go see it again while it's still in the theatres.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home