Draydel

Deep thoughts, random insights, and musings by Susan Jacobs

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Date me and be engaged within six months!*

Engaged to someone else, that is. During my routine daily check of OnlySimchas earlier this week, I noticed an engagement announcement for someone with whom I was set up back in January. He was a perfectly pleasant guy, but not someone who particularly interested me. We met for one date in a city approximately halfway between our Midwestern cities, and then I never heard from him again. I wasn't disappointed that he hadn't called because I felt ambivalent about the whole meeting, but the righteous indignation part of me flared up because it is just plain rude for a guy not to make a follow-up call after a date.

I wondered for a while if perhaps I should have called him, just to make sure he wasn't hit by a bus or anything, but I sensed that no communication was simply a sign of disinterest, not roadside disaster. And, I have been proven right. There weren't any tire tread marks on his face in the OnlySimchas photos, just a smile. His bride-to-be is cute, and they look happy together. All's well that ends well.

When I hear that someone I once dated, but was not "into," gets engaged, I often feel a sense of relief that I was smart to trust my instincts, and I made the right decision about person X. That's how I feel in this case, though this is not the first time that someone I have dated has very soon afterwards found their match. I'm thinking this could be a marketable skill. Or not, seeing as it would guarantee me a lot of bad dates, and no promise of meeting my prince charming. On second thought, never mind.

*Results may vary. No moneyback guarantee. Some former dates of said singleton remain unattached years after dating her.

3 Comments:

  • At July 2, 2005 at 8:36 PM, Blogger Eliyahu said…

    Surely in the universe there is some male counterpart of yours blessed with similar powers of matchmaking....probably your besherte, may you be blessed to meet soon. Who could resist a talented woman with a high stepladder, who can do her own taxes, and who has a great blog.

     
  • At July 3, 2005 at 2:20 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Wow, Eliyahu. Thanks for the glowing praise, and Amen to your bracha!

     
  • At March 28, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good post,
    asian love is people now looking in dating
    ---------------
    asian love

     

Post a Comment

<< Home