Draydel

Deep thoughts, random insights, and musings by Susan Jacobs

Thursday, November 16, 2006

On turning 30

It has happened. I have crossed the line. Entered the abyss. Crested the hill.

Today I turned 30, and the funny thing is, I don’t feel any different than I did yesterday. Or 10 years ago. Thank G-d, I still feel young, which is a big relief.

This is one of those milestones that is a big deal in our culture, but I am trying to see it as just another birthday -- an opportunity to celebrate life and not to be depressed about getting older. (Though I certainly have my moments.)

I am in a good place -- I am happy where I live and work, I have wonderful friends and family and I am continuing to learn and grow and improve myself. In my ballet classes each week, I am constantly amazed at my ability to learn to do things that I was never able to do before. I feel that I am improving with age, which is something that I never expected.

Happy Birthday to me, and may we all have many more years full of life and adventure, in good health!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home